Friday, January 28, 2011

Direction

I have been questioning my direction this past week. I am not sure where I should be directing my skills. I have always believed that 'Jack of All - is Master of none' - But I have a diverse skill set. I have passions where I would like to aim. It is hard to create a name for yourself in many different genres, and make money on a regular basis.

I'll never turn away a job regardless of the subject, of course if ethics are called into question, then this is a different matter.

At present my interests are:

A Social Portraiture that mixes into Documentary Photography. Not necessarily in Studio Photography, but more on location as it happens with natural surroundings. This feeds into my passion for a reportage style of work.

I still enjoy Wedding, Group, Corporate and Studio.

I've come to the conclusion that it is not wise to label myself as a 'Wedding' or 'Documentary' Photographer, but more of a Photographer in the general sense. I'm searching for the words, but I know I need to redesign my website and look at making a portfolio site; something I can update and change on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment